How To Jump Higher In Basketball And Increase Your Vertical Leap
Do you really want to know how to jump higher in basketball? Jumping high in basketball is a necessity. You can shoot the ball and perform different shot attempts if you can jump higher than average. Improving your vertical leap can help you jump higher in your game. If you can increase your vertical leap, then you can probably make difficult shot attempts or perform dunks in transition
There are exercises that can help you increase your vertical leap. You can continue reading below to know more of the exercises that you can include in your workout program.
- Deep Knee Bends – this is a jumping exercise. This can strengthen the muscles around your knees. To do this first you have to stand up with your legs apart, then you have to slowly bend your knees while keeping your back straight. Go down as low as you can, and slowly rise back to your standing position. Repeat this exercise for 15 times, then you can increase the repetition to 20, 30 and up.
- Deep Knee Bends Jump – this is almost the same with the Deep Knee Bends exercise stated above. The difference is you have to go down as quickly as possible and try to touch your bottom to the ground. Upon reaching this position, jump as high as you can. Once you land, go down again and jump back up. Do this exercise for 15 times and increase the repetitions as you get better.
- Toe Raises – this is a calf strengthening exercise as opposed to its name. There are two ways to perform this exercise. First is the seated toe raise, sit on a chair and make sure that both your feet are on the ground. Then push down through your toes, raising your heel. Hold this position for 10 seconds and repeat 15 times, increase the repetitions up to 50 times. The second is the standing toe raise. This is more difficult than the seated position. Stand on both feet, and then slowly push through your toes, raising your heels again off the ground. Hold this position for 10 seconds and repeat for 15 times and increase the repetitions up to 50.
- Toe Raises with Weights – this is just the same with the Toe Raises exercise; the only difference is that you will carry weights. You can carry 5 to 10 pounds of weight. This is ideal for the standing toe raise.
- Stomach Crunches – strengthening your abdomen is very important if you want to increase your vertical leap and jump high in basketball. Stomach crunches are a better option than sit-ups as not all people can do the sit-ups exercise correctly. Sit-ups can even hurt your back and if not done correctly, this can also injure you. To do a stomach crunch, you have to lie down on your back. You will use the muscles in your abdomen to raise yourself up while keeping your back straight. Raising your shoulders off the ground is even a lot better. You can do this often and try to do 10-minute stomach crunches in the morning and in the afternoon.
Before you do these exercises, make sure you must warm up first to avoid any muscle cramps. You can do stretching, jogging and even use a jumping rope. Running up and down the stairs is also a good way to warm up. Hopefully if you are consistent with performing these exercises , it can lead to your ability to jump higher in your basketball game.
How To Jump Higher In 45 Minutes!
Simply enter your information into the form below: